To offer individual attention to students admitted through the School-based admission, the BBA Programme has introduced Academic Advising to assist our undergraduate students to make smooth transition from college to University and to choose a concentration that fits their interests and abilities.
Each student will be assigned a faculty member as Mentor in the 1st Semester of Year 1 and each concentration has appointed an academic advisor to provide advising related to the concentration from students' Year 2 studies. Moreover, BBA office organizes a series of activities aligning to the goals every academic year, including New Student Orientation, Concentration Briefing, Double Concentration Briefing, etc.
School Advising Coordinator
The School Advising Coordinator assumes overall responsibility for coordinating all academic advising activities in the School, works closely with advisors at various levels to take care of students’ development during their University education.
Each student will be assigned a Mentor upon admission to HKBU BBA. The School has close to a hundred faculty members serving as Mentors. You can check your mentor’s name and contact details via BUniPort. Path: Profile –> My Profile > Study Record and Personal Particulars
Please proactively make appointment to meet with your mentor and/ or respond to your mentor's invitation timely.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- To advise students on matters relating to his/her academic programme and monitor his/her overall progress in the programme
- To advise students on personal, social and/or other problems which may arise. When necessary, refer problems to other supporting units of the university
- To guide students in his/her job search and placement
- To keep in contact with students after his/her graduation in order to receive evaluation and feedback regarding the programme
An Academic Advisor will be assigned for each concentration.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- To support students and provide professional advice to them on academic matters
- The University provides various programmes and services to help you adapt to the new environment and plan your study pathways
- To provide guidance to Year 1 students interested in choosing his/her concentration
- To provide information on relevant courses such as study schedule and course selection
Mr. Anthony Cheng (firstname.lastname@example.org; 3411 5206)
Economics and Data Analytics Concentration
Dr. Aries Wong (email@example.com; 3411 6611)
Entrepreneurship and Business Innovation Concentration
Dr. Marta Dowejko (firstname.lastname@example.org; 3411 8004)
Dr. Astrophel Choo (email@example.com; 3411 8014)
Human Resources Management Concentration
Dr. Amy Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org; 3411 8057)
Information Systems and Business Intelligence Concentration
Dr. Tony Wong (email@example.com; 3411 7580)
Dr. Clara Kan (firstname.lastname@example.org; 3411 7547)
Strategic Retail Management & Innovation Concentration
Prof. Xu Huang (email@example.com; 3411 7547)
Support for New Students
To facilitate your adaptation to university life, the University provides various programmes and services to help you adapt to the new environment and plan your study pathways. Check the First Year Experience and Support for New Students now to get you connected with the University.