The Marketing Concentration nurtures you to become competitive and ethical business leaders in the global marketplace. We emphasize the linkage between theory and practice by connecting our students with the industry. Our pedagogical approach equips students with up-to-date marketing knowledge and practical experience through various activities including seminars, guest talks, internships, service learning, etc. The department aims at realizing your conceptual ability to resolve marketing problems and contribute to the well-being of the society.
- To enable students to build a solid foundation in understanding the role marketing plays in a business.
- To instill in students the unique characteristics and underlying principles of marketing management.
- To equip students with necessary theoretical knowledge as well as real-life experience to manage marketing programmes.
- To provide students with knowledge in managing a number of specialized marketing areas, such as sales management and service marketing.
- To nurture a sense of ethics and social responsibility that prepares students to be visionary marketing leaders.
Students can pursue additional graduation options including Double Concentration within BBA, or a Minor in non-business discipline
Graduates can develop careers in product management, advertising, retailing, marketing research, sales management, business-to-business marketing and global marketing. We have placed our marketing graduates in some of HK’s well known organizations including:
And career opportunities include:
Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) - This programme has been approved and accredited by The Chartered Institute of Marketing to provide direct entry onto the CIM's Professional Diploma in Marketing.
The Hong Kong Institute of Company Secretaries (HKICS) and The Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators (ICSA) - Exemptions are granted from all subjects in the Foundation Programme of the HKICS/ICSA.
International Institute of Management (IIM) - Enrolled students and graduates are eligible to register as Associate Members of the Institute.
Required Courses for Marketing Concentration 15 units
MKTG 3005 Marketing Research Methods
MKTG 3007 Consumer Behaviour
MKTG 3015 Socially Responsible Marketing
MKTG 3026 Strategic Digital Marketing
MKTG 4005 Strategic Marketing