Business Executive Development Scheme
The Business Executive Development Scheme fosters your holistic development by offering students of all study years academic advising, industrial seminars, training workshops and career services. To cater for the different focuses, three progressive levels are defined to help you draw your own roadmaps to achieve your goals and provide support along the journey.
- Attend New Student Orientation
(The BBA Freshmen Guidebook can be downloaded HERE)
- Research Concentrations by attending Concentration Briefing & related activities
- Attend at least one seminar organized by the School to explore business industry sectors
- Join one professional development workshop organized by BBA office
- Meet your Mentor regularly
- Apply for the School of Business Student Ambassador Scheme for exclusive training
- Meet with the Academic Advisor of your Concentration
- Attend at least two seminars organized by the School to explore different business industry sectors
- Consider study abroad opportunities
- Plan for your first internship (local/overseas)
- Challenge yourself in business competitions
(the School provides extensive support to business students!)
Level 3: Get Ready for Your Career
- Attend career fairs and recruitment talks organized by the School or Career Centre
- Join career preparatory workshops to polish your resume and improve interview skills
- Develop your career plan and seek advice from the Faculty
- Keep track on the status of your graduation requirement
Developmental Workshops Free and exclusive to BBA Students
Language proficiency, presentation skills, interpersonal communication and self-confidence: such are the essential skills needed to succeed as a business leader. That is why our School runs many Developmental Workshops to help our students supplement their analytical and problem-solving skills with soft skills increasingly appreciated by employers and the community.
Every year, renowned trainers are invited to conduct workshops on topics such as presentation skills, professional image and business etiquette, time management, wine appreciation and interpersonal skills. At least 50% of our students will attend one of these workshops in any one year, eager to add a dose of practical learning to their academic knowledge.