Human Resources Management Concentration
The Human Resources Management (HRM) Concentration has been recognized as the leading human resources degree programme in Hong Kong in recent university ranking surveys. It provides a focus on human resources management, combining rigour of a business degree with exposure to the business arena in order to prepare students for the workplace challenges they will encounter in both local and international corporations.
- The HRM Concentration furnishes students with comprehensive knowledge to prepare for the HR profession, including recruitment and selection, human resources development, performance and reward management, labour relations and law
- The HRM Mentoring Programme enables students to gain first-hand knowledge about the world of work and to start building their personal business networks through interactions with their mentors, who are senior HR executives
- Students can apply their academic knowledge and skills in an actual work environment by enrolling in Business Internship, an HRM Concentration elective course. The course allows them to work as company interns for a semester while at the same time gaining academic credits
- Students can pursue additional graduation options, including Double Concentration within BBA, or a Minor in non-business discipline
HRM graduates can pursue careers in management or human resources management or other management functions, including HR specialties such as recruitment and selection, training and development, compensation and benefits, and industrial relations; or other business executive positions.
1. Hong Kong Institute of Human Resources Management (HKIHRM)
Graduates are eligible to register as Associate Members of the Institute.
2. Hong Kong People Management Association (HKPMA)
Graduates are eligible to register as Associate Members of the Association.
3. Hong Kong Institute for Training Professionals (HKIPT)
Graduates are eligible to register as Associate Members of the institute.
4. Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI)
Enrolled students and graduates are eligible to register as Members of the Institute.
Concentration Required Courses 15 units
HRMN 2005 Human Resources Management
HRMN 3005 Human Resources Development
HRMN 3006 Recruitment and Selection
HRMN 4005 Performance Appraisal and Rewards
HRMN 4006 Labour Relations and Law