The Marketing concentration nurtures you to become competitive and ethical business leaders in the global marketplace. We emphasize the linkage between theory and practice by connecting our students with the industry. Our pedagogical approach equips students with up-to-date marketing knowledge and practical experience through various activities including seminars, guest talks, internships, service learning, etc. The department aims at realizing your conceptual ability to resolve marketing problems and contribute to the well-being of the society.
- To enable students to build a solid foundation in understanding the role marketing plays in a business.
- To instill in students the unique characteristics and underlying principles of marketing management.
- To equip students with necessary theoretical knowledge as well as real-life experience to manage marketing programmes.
- To provide students with knowledge in managing a number of specialized marketing areas, such as sales management and service marketing.
- To nurture a sense of ethics and social responsibility that prepares students to be visionary marketing leaders.
Students can pursue additional graduation options including Double Concentration within BBA, or a Minor in non-business discipline
Graduates can develop careers in product management, advertising, retailing, marketing research, sales management, business-to-business marketing and global marketing. We have placed our marketing graduates in some of HK’s well known organizations including:
|- Hong Kong Institute of Marketing||- Hang Seng Bank Limited|
|- Citibank||- Standard Chartered Bank|
|- Dah Sing Bank||- McCann Erikson|
|- Giordano Limited||- Motorola Asia Pacific Limited|
|- Procter and Gamble Company||- Cathy Pacific Airways Limited|
|- Hong Kong Disneyland||- Panasonic|
|- Samsung Electronics||- Pacific Century CyberWorks Limited (PCCW)|
And career opportunities include:
- Customer service officer
- Marketing Manager
- Research Officer
- Sales Management
- Marketing Executive
- Sales Executive
- Corporate Communications
Concentration Required Courses (15 units)
Marketing Research Methods
Socially Responsible Marketing
Concentration Elective Courses (6 units)
Understanding Chinese Business Environment
Integrated Marketing Communications
Strategic Digital Marketing
Customer Relationship Management
Business to Business Marketing
Marketing in China
Global Marketing Field Study