Information Systems and Business Intelligence
Information Systems and Business Intelligence Concentration
The Information Systems and Business Intelligence (ISBI) Concentration provides students with a broad knowledge of electronic business and management and a solid understanding of information systems auditing to meet the changing needs of a services-led and knowledge-based economy.
- The ISBI Concentration provides students with the knowledge and skills to be a trouble-shooter, a practical problem-solver, and an effective communicator liaising with e-Business and information technology professionals and end-users to solve management problems
- Professional recognition is available from Information Systems Auditing and Control Association (ISACA), Hong Kong Computing Society (HKCS), The Hong Kong Institute of Company Secretaries (HKICS) and The Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators (ICSA), International Institute of Management (IIM), and Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
- IT Governance, Audit and Control course will equip students with necessary knowledge in assisting organisations to solve the problems in organisational governance and IT security triggered by the headline-grabbing financial scandals and IT fraudulent cases of recent years.
- Students can pursue additional graduation options including Double Concentration within BBA, or a Minor in non-business discipline
What are the career opportunities of graduates?
Graduates can develop careers as IS auditors, business analysts, consultants, systems analysts, e-Business manager, e-Business analysts, IT coordinator, and instructors or teachers of IS.
Career Paths after Graduation
Career paths in IT auditing or consultancy work in Systems and Process Assurance, Information Risk Management, Enterprise Risk Services, etc:
Career paths in other areas:
What professional recognition can graduates get?
1. Hong Kong Computing Society (HKCS)
Graduates are eligible to register as Graduates Member of the Society.
2. Information Systems Auditing and Control Association (ISACA)
As of 25 August 2009, the Hong Kong Baptist University BBA Information Systems and Business Intelligence curriculum as submitted to ISACA® was found to be in alignment with the ISACAO Model Curriculum for IS Audit and Control. Graduates of this program qualify for one year work experience toward the Certified Information Systems Auditor™ (CISAO®) designation.
Concentration Required Courses (9 units)
Business Systems Analysis and Design
Data Management in Business
Concentration Elective Courses (12 units)
Programming for Business Applications
Telecommunications and Networking in Business
Decision Support and Intelligent Systems in Business
Development of Small Management Information Systems
Seminar in Information Systems and e-Business Management
Web Site Design and Business Applications
Consumer Insight: Customer Knowledge Management and Web Analytics
Information Systems Auditing
Information Technology Governance and Management
Blockchain: Cryptocurrencies and Business Applications
Cybersecurity and Data Privacy