BBA acct JS2110
BBA (Hons) Accounting
The Accounting Concentration provides a balance of breadth and depth in the discipline, with a view of producing accountants with a much-needed analytical and conceptual mind. Accountants are always in strong demand in the business world, and this Concentration is carefully designed to provide students not just with training in accounting, but with multi-disciplinary knowledge, analytical ability, information processing proficiency, communication skills, and a sound liberal education for them to excel in the accounting profession and other business fields.
- Professional recognition from the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountant (CIMA), CPA Australia, Association of International Accountants (AIA), and Institute of Certified Management Accountants (CMA Australia).
- Around 30 scholarships are available exclusively for the Accounting Concentration students
- A special programme of summer classes is offered to allow students to join full-time spring internships of Big 4s and other well-known CPA firms without having to delay their graduation
- Students can pursue additional graduation options including a Double Concentration within the BBA, or a Minor in a non-business discipline
- Auditing I
- Company Law
- Cost and Management Accounting I
- Hong Kong Taxation
- Intermediate Accounting I & II
- Advanced Accounting I
Career Opportunities and Career
Graduates can develop their careers in professional accounting firms and in government, commercial and industrial sectors.
1. Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
Graduates are accepted by HKICPA CPA Qualification Programme (QP) as having fulfilled its accounting graduate entry requirements. BBA (Hons) Degree - Accounting Concentration is a HKICPA accredited accounting degree programme.
2. Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
Graduates are exempted from 9 out of 14 papers of the ACCA Professional Scheme. It is the maximum exemption given by ACCA.
3. Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
Graduates are exempted from 11 out of 16 exams of the CIMA Professional Qualification.
4. CPA Australia
Graduates are exempted from all the 6 Foundation Level exam papers and are eligible to apply for the CPA Australia Associate membership.
5. Association of International Accountants (AIA)
Graduates are exempted from 12 out of 16 exam papers of the AIA Professional Accountancy Qualification. It is the maximum exemption given by AIA.
6. Institute of Certified Management Accountants (CMA Australia)
Graduates are exempted from all the 16 subjects of the ICMA Program and are eligible to apply for the designation of Graduate Management Accountant (GMA).